Retiree Resources



These forms and publications are used most often by NYCERS retirees. If you cannot find what you are looking for, use the topic menu or search by keyword.

Fact Sheet 748

How to Qualify for the COVID-19 Accidental Death Benefit
Fact Sheet #748

Chapter 89 of the Laws of 2020 awards an Accidental Death Benefit to the Eligible Beneficiary(ies) of certain deceased Members/Retirees whose death was caused by or was related to COVID-19. This fact sheet describes the eligibility, filing, and documentation requirements which must be met in order to qualify for the COVID-19 Related Accidental Death Benefit.