In order to begin the process of identifying the decedent and
their beneficiaries, and determining the death benefits payable,
NYCERS will need some general information, including:
- Full name of the decedent.
- Decedent’s member number or pension number.
- Last four digits of the decedent’s Social Security Number.
- Date of death.
- Place of death (City/State/Country).
- Decedent’s address.
- Informant’s information.
- Next of kin (including their address).
All of this information can be provided when reporting death