Application to Change Federal Income Tax Withheld
Form #349


Use this form to change how much Federal income tax is withheld from your monthly pension check. If you need assistance in determining which tax withholding selections to make, please consult with a professional tax preparer or visit the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) website at

Retirees and beneficiaries with a registered MyNYCERS account can change their Federal withholding online instead of submitting this paper form.

Form printing instructions: 

  1. Print the form in color (photocopies and forms printed in black and white will not be accepted).
  2. Print the form on 8.5″ x 11″ paper with the scale set to 100%.